Work with Perfect Care
Perfect Care have a dedicated team of carers supporting people with disabilities. By joining our valued team, you will challenge yourself with rewarding work in the disability services sector. We also offer great flexible working hours close to home in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
We are passionate about providing the best level of care for people with disabilities. Our goal is to make a real difference in people’s lives. For all our valued employees we have a supportive leadership framework for them to continuously learn and develop. We also respect all cultural backgrounds and understand the needs and requirements that may come with this for both our staff and the participants we care for.
|Position||Disability Support Worker|
|Responsible to||Service Manager|
|Classification||Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award|
Level 1-3 depending on qualifications, skills, and experience.
|Location||Melbourne (South Eastern Suburbs)|
Perfect Care prides itself on being a Melbourne based, NDIS registered, Disability Service provider That puts you first. Our direction is led by your choices, needs and goals. We aim to create opportunity, promote independence and progression in a safe and non-discriminative environment for all our valued participants. We do this by providing individual and personalised support 24/7, 365 days a year. In order to maintain excellent care at all times we follow strict NDIS standards. For more details, please refer to our website: www.perfectcare.net.au
The Disability Support Worker is responsible for implementing training and support services aimed at maximizing the living, employment, social and recreational skills of people with a disability. Community inclusion, independence, decision making, and personal choice should be promoted through these supports, with a focus on individual needs.
RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
- Provide direct care assistance to each client in accordance with their service plan and as directed.
- Work and support participants with high challenging behaviours using de-escalation techniques.
- Work in accordance with the medication administration policy, work health and safety procedures and client right’s policies including privacy and confidentiality.
- Monitor the safety and well-being of the clients and report any concerns to the Manager.
- Ensure completion of appropriate documentation. Relevant information on support provided is to be recorded in client notes and communication book as required.
- Work with clients, family/ carers, relevant case managers and other professionals to support the client’s individual goals.
- In conjunction with other members of staff assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating training and behaviour programs to attain identified individual goals.
- Assume the role of key worker for designated clients, including the preparation of a monthly report on client progress.
- Actively contribute to a team environment through open communication, participation in regular staff meetings, planning processes and policy review.
- Participate in Performance Development meetings to identify ongoing training and support opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support(Disability) or equivalent or must commence studying for this qualification prior to the completion of the six months’ probation period (preferred).
- Knowledge & experience of Medication.
- Manual Handling Certificate – Able to use hoists etc
- Knowledge and awareness of Mental health.
- NDIS workers Orientation module.
- Current Driver’s License desired
- Current Police check Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Current First aid and CPR Certificate
- 100 points identification
- Patient, flexible and understanding
- Supportive and caring nature
- Confidence and ability to handle medical emergency.
- Able to accept responsibilities
- Able to cope with physical demands of the job
- Able to perform domestic duties
- Able to work under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the Position description and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter outlining why you are the right person for this role.
- Current copy of your resume including 3 referees.
- Your current email address.
Applications accepted by Friday, 12th March 2021